Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back to Blogging!

I've been very neglectful of my blog lately. Shame on me! When I was in Scotland in August I did post one blog but my mum's computer is so painfully slow I just couldn't bear to wait 2 minutes for each photo to download (I brought my laptop but couldn't get online).

Since I returned I've been so busy - school clothes and supplies, shopping, cleaning, etc., and work has been totally hectic. I somehow decided to completely re-do my kitchen in the middle of all this busyness too and worked non-stop painting, shopping for doodads at Ikea, and laying lino tile - for 4 days straight. My Etsy business has picked up so I've been quite busily knitting custom orders. BUT....I'm going to get back into the blogging again. I decided to post a few
photos of my trip to Scotland. Here's one of me carrying my mum's old (though adorable)
Scotty dog up the Mound in Edinburgh. She was too tired to walk any more - she's a heavy
lump and it was exhausting.







We did a lot of walking - up hills, along the cobbled streets in Edinburgh (it was the festival - lots of fun!), along beaches, and through woods.

Here's one of my daughter and Scotty dog Meg walking very companionably along one of the beaches.














We took the 'Harry Potter Train' - the Jacobite Express - from Fort William to Mallaig. The kids loved it, especially the part where we crossed Glennfinnan Viaduct, which is shown in a couple of
the Harry Potter movies. Here's my son on the train trying to see past all the steam.













Of course we saw a few castles - there are so many in Scotland!
Here's a picture of Urquhart Castle which we stopped off at on the way to Fort William.














Here's a night time picture of Edinburgh Castle during the Edinburgh Military Tattoo (marching bands from all over the world and other performances)















Will blog again soon. Promise!

1 comment: